Backpack Food for a Seven Day Trip!
For any seven day trip, this is backpack food. In order to maintain stamina and strength over the long haul, longer trips require more caloric intake and different planning.
About our own requirements, each of us must become intimately knowledgable.
This is not a typical list below. But, give it a try, if you like what you see!
- Each at 0.2 oz, twelve Gourmet coffee bags, sealed in foil packets.
- Each at 4 oz, six Instant cereals: blueberry granola, seven grain, oatmeal with raisins, each in a one pint freezer bag.
Oatmeal With Raisins
- 2 oz, Altoids peppermints.
- Each at 2.5 oz, seven Energy bars.
- Each at 0.7 oz, six Fruit leather, various flavors, individually wrapped - apricot, grape, strawberry, cherry.
- 6 oz, Dried cherries and berries.
- 15 oz, Bagels, turkey or beef jerky, and string cheese.
- Each at 0.6 oz, six Instant soups - pea soup, cream of chicken, and chicken noodle, each sealed in foil packets.
- 12 oz, Corn tortilla chips, one gallon freezer bag.
- Each at 1.75 oz, three Mountain house freeze dried corn.
- Each at 5 oz, six Mountain house freeze dried dinners - beef and green peppers, lasagna, chicken polynesian, sphagetti, chili mac, pasta primavera.
- Each at 2.5 oz, three Mountain house freeze dried strawberry fruit crisps.
- Each at 0.1 oz, seven Stash herbal tea bags, various flavors - ruby mist, licorice root, sealed in foil packets.
Corn Tortilla Chips
Minerals, Vitamins, Electrolytes
Each at 0.11 oz, twenty four Alacer Emergen C electrolyte/vitamin/mineral supplement powder, four packs per day.
Alacer Emergen C
4.21 oz - Wrapping materials not included in stated weights.
137 oz - Total weight.
8 lbs 9 oz - Total backpack food at start of trip.
Don't forget to bring some backpacking dog food, if you have a dog!
My Wife Dolores, Bindi and Oreo
Have your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.