Backpacking Stove Reviews!
Backpacking Stove Reviews: Weighing a small 2.6 oz., the Soto OD-1R Micro Regulator stove tops the competition as the world's lightest single burner stove with a built in igniter!
They cannot ship fuel burning products to addresses in Japan or South Korea. Specs based on manufacturer's information.
- Backpacker April 2010 says, "The OD-1R employs a dime-size fuel regulator inside the burner to maintain a steady flow of gas regardless of internal pressure"
- Micro regulator has a consistent flame in cold temperatures and throughout the life of the fuel canister
- Piezo igniter is inside of the center post of the stove, protecting the igniter from damage, creating reliable lighting
- Built in igniter puts out an electric spark that starts the flame once the gas is turned on; no matches needed!
- Pot supports fold underneath the burner head for an extremely slim profile when put away
- Fuel canister sold separately
- Weight includes stove only
Backpacking Stove Reviews Item number 785338
Backpacking Equipment Review
Backpacker Magazine 2010 Editors' Choice Award Winner!
I could have written another backpack review but I wanted to do a backpacking stove review since I have given backpack reviews to just about every type of backpack imaginable!
More backpacking gear reviews...
From Backpacking Stove Reviews to Backpacking Tent Reviews:
The new REI Half Dome 2 Plus tent is the larger version of the popular Half Dome 2 tent. Want some more room? This tent is for you!
- The 2010 Spring/Summer edition of Outside magazine says, "It’d be a good tent at any price, but it’s an incredible tent at this price.”
- It's ten inches longer and four inches wider than the standard Half Dome 2
- REI Half Dome 2 Plus tent is a lightweight, weather tough backpacking tent for two that maximizes access, storage and livability, and the price is the best!
- This tent builds upon the successful design philosophy that made the original Half Dome so popular and adds insightful technology
- two side doors and vestibules grant personalized storage and easy access for each person; two vents guarantee the tent stays well ventilated
- Rectangular floor plan optimizes usable space and allows comfortable sleeping no matter which way you sleep
Color coded poles and pole clips make setup easy. Frame design creates nearly vertical side and end walls; resulting in spacious headroom. DACFeatherlite® NSL poles and engineered plastic hubs come together to present a high performance pole set that is lightweight, durable and strong.
- Exclusive Tension Truss architecture leverages bound seams to provide light weight stability and to increase interior size
- Adjustable ceiling vents release condensation by pulling cool air under the fly and exhausting warm, damp air
- Floor brings together sealed seams and bathtub curves to create a waterproof, taut floor; tautness promotes door zipper operation and maximizes size at end walls
- Multiple storage locations include corner pockets, roof pockets and hang loops
- Location and shape of tent door zippers allow smooth, one handed operation; the door pockets can be used to hold doors out of the way or for storage
- Vestibule zipper opening aligns with tent door for easy operation, exit and entry
UV resistant rainfly will not change size with water, providing a constantly taut pitch. Welded manufacture ensures that water won't seep through zippers, pole wraps and guy out points.
- Mood enhansing colors create a pleasant inside even when the weather outside is bad
- Create a lightweight setup by using just the footprint (sold separately), poles and rainfly
- Includes stakes, and tapered, easy to fill compression stuff sack, pole and stake bags, guylines and tighteners, and pole repair tube
- Average minimum weight is based on tent, rainfly and poles
Item number 794296
Backpacking Gear Review
Outside Magazine 2010 Gear of the Year Award Winner!
REI Half Dome 2 Plus Tent Specifications
- Three season tent
- Freestanding tent
- Two person sleeping size
- Fly, footprint weight: 4 lbs. 4 oz.
- Average minimum weight: 5 lbs. 8 oz.
- Average packaged weight: 6 lbs. 5 oz., 2.5 kilograms
- Floor size: 98 x 56 inches (38.1 square feet), 249 x 142 centimeters
- Vestibule area: 10.2 + 10.2 square feet
- max. height: 42 inches, 107 centimeters
- Two doors
- Canopy material: Ripstop nylon/mesh
- Floor material: Coated nylon taffeta
- Rainfly material: Coated polyester taffeta
- Three poles
- Aluminum DAC NSL Pole material
- Pole thickness: 9.0 / 9.6 millimeters
- Packed dimensions: 7 x 21 inches
- Best used for Backpacking
I hope this backpacking stove review helps you in finding the perfect stove. Also I wanted to give you a good choice of tents to look at. This backpacking stove review takes in strong consideration the weight of the stove since the backpacker has to carry it wherever they go!
Have your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.